Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happiness :)

SO.


CYMA. It's... interesting. Definitely odd seeing it from yet ANOTHER new perspective (camper --> LiT --> Admin --> elective leader) but it's fun.

Highlight #1: Curtis. He was so upset today because he was having a hard time remembering his lines (side note: he's like 8 or 9 and they just got their scripts yesterday). So I got down on his level and gave him this great big long pep talk about how he was going to do wonderfully, and even IF he messed up, no one would even know! I mean, it's not like anyone has a script or knows what he has to say. Then the other three boys, starting with Isaac, who was soon joined by Phillip and Noah, caught on and started agreeing with me saying that they'd help him out. Noah also pointed out that there was no way that they were going to hand out scripts, because "there would be 300 people, and our script is two pages long. So we would have to use 600 pieces of paper, and that would be a waste." (Quite frankly, I think that made Noah feel smart). So Curtis was all excited to try again, this time without his script. And he only looked ONCE! I was so proud :)

Highlight #2: Work. Surprise, I know. There's this young man, no clue how old he is or what his name is, or anything about him. But I love him. He has Down Syndrome, and he is just so sweet. He orders the same thing at the same time every night-- a medium Twilight with extra marshmallow. So, he comes up to the window tonight and I look at him and say "Let me guess." And I repeat his order from memory without a single second of hesitation, and his face just lit up. He was so thrilled I remembered. At one point, I heard him say, "I can't believe she got it." He was just so happy. Now, around that time it was pretty slow, and I like that since it gives me a chance to talk with the customers. So, I hand him his snowball and I look at him and I tell him that my mom works there too, and when I was little, sometimes, I would just get a junior cup full of marshmallow. And he just looked at me like "Woah. That. Is. Awesome." He made working tonight just 1,001 times better than it would have been. Thank you, random but totally sweet person who is my absolute favorite customer! :)

0 comments: