Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

Butterflies

In case you couldn't tell, I really like butterflies.  I mean, I'm obsessed with them, for so many reasons.  And I'm not talking just your normal, evolved-from-a-caterpillar butterflies.  I'm talking those oh-my-goodness-he's-so-cute-and-he's-looking-my-way butterflies.  Or those I'm-about-to-go-onstage-but-I'm-so-nervous butterflies.

I got those butterflies the other day.  The second kind.  The I-have-a-major-crush-on-him kind.  And you know why?  I got them because I was about to see my boyfriend.  I thought I'd already gotten through my butterfly-crush stage, but I guess I was wrong.  It was the best feeling in the world.  I already love him so much.  I used to think you couldn't have love and butterflies, because the butterflies were superficial.  That's not true at all.  I was so excited to see him, I turned into a school girl for a minute or two.  It was cute, and he enjoyed hearing about it :)

So I guess the point of this post is, never lose the butterflies.  They mean you care!  Yes, of course you care about that boy you like.  But that stage fright?  That shows you care, too.  My absolute favorite teacher of all time taught my high school drama class, and directed the fall production.  One year he told all of us that stage fright is completely normal and perfectly acceptable.  He said, in a nutshell, the worse your stage fright is, the more you care.  So think about that, the next you get anxious or excited.  It's not a bad thing, it's a good thing.  It proves you care about the subject of your butterflies.


0 comments: