Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Anniversaries and Decisions

It was a year ago Saturday that Christine left. Because I so love thinking about this even more.

They're coming back with their little baby in about three weeks to host an annual "summer solstice" bonfire type deal at his parent's house.  I'm not really sure how I feel about that, so I've decided to make a pros/cons list to help me figure this out (although, I should really be doing this in the middle of the day, not at midnight).

Pros:

  • I'll get to see Christine and ooh and aah over her adorable little baby boy.
  • We've actually had a minuscule amount of semi-friendly interaction on Facebook (so maybe we *ahem* maybe I can act like an adult)
  • There a couple other cool people going that I can chat with
  • The property's big enough that I won't have to be in the same vicinity with them if I don't want to
  • Erin might go
  • I'm not mad at her anymore (for the most part)
  • Chatting with Christine on her turf could help clear some things up and maybe put us on the track to an adult friendship
Cons:
  • I'm not sure I can maintain my composure all night long
  • I'm still a little mad that she's not trying to keep in touch (but maybe chatting could help...)
  • But maybe having a chat on her turf with him right there could be disadvantageous to myself
  • I don't want to see him AT ALL
  • Their baby looks just like him. Freaky
  • Would it be rude to just pop my head in, say hey, and leave?
  • Erin might not go
So. That was (for the most part) unhelpful.  It did help me to clear up some things, but... *sigh* I don't know how I'll figure this out.  I may just ask my parents for permission, and then decide on the spot whether I go or stay.

AAANNNNDDD all of this just became irrelevant because I'm going to be in Costa Rica. So, yeah.  Stupid and unhelpful. Maybe?

But now... Maybe I should see if she wants to get lunch? GAAAAHHHHH!!! I am so frustrated by this.

0 comments: