Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blessings

As I've gotten settled into college life and figured out how to balance my classes with my job with my friends with my boyfriend, I've been thinking a lot about how amazingly blessed I am.  Have you ever taken a moment to think of how many blessings God has given you?  Why don't you try it?

Tonight, I'm feeling particularly grateful for my wonderful boyfriend.  He is so many blessings rolled up in one amazing package.  Every day I am thankful that God brought us together.  My love for him is overwhelming at times--it's not even been two months!  But I try not to think about how crazy that sounds.  I love him, that's what's important.  And amazingly, he loves me as well.  He loves me in spite of my ton of  baggage, my ridiculous past, and my (sometimes very messed up) past relationships.  That is so huge for me. I am just in awe of how much his love covers that.  Yes, he knows a lot about me.  I think he even knows everything (I'm not really keeping track).  And yet, he still loves me, day in and day out, through all the stupid things I do or say or overreact to.

...

*clears throat* Now, back to blessings.

My family is one of my biggest blessings, too.  I'm not talking just my mom and my dad and my siblings.  My family isn't even limited to my aunts and uncles and cousins!  My family is everyone whom I love.  There's that word again--love.  It plays a big role in my everyday life, thankfully.  My family consists of the people who are there for me, who support me in everything I do, who stay involved in my life, and who let me stay involved in theirs.  I honestly don't know what I would do without my support system.

Next time you can't sleep, try counting blessings instead of sheep.  Or if you're ever having an off day, take a second to thank God for what you do have, instead of stressing over what you don't have.  It'll help, I promise.

And if you're going through a hard time, and you can't see the silver lining for the life of you, try listening to "Blessings" by Laura Story.  Those are some really powerful, very true lyrics.

0 comments: